A GREAT POOL REMODEL PROJECT CAN TRANSFORM YOUR ENTIRE OUTDOOR SPACE FOR YEARS TO COME
Begin your remodel process with REAL Pebble Tec finish, known for its unparalleled natural beauty and durability.
Expert installation of your PebbleTec pool is crucial to a beautiful, long-lasting result.
We are an Authorized Applicator for Pebble Tec and we have completed an extensive, 21-step onboarding process. You can trust that your pool project will be done correctly the first time.
Pool Re-Plastering Process
- All remodel pools will include shutting down the system and draining the pool” Cover removal can be done upon request for an additional charge.
- After the pool has been drained and the hydrostat plug removed, a saw-cut will be made under the tile line, unless new tile is being installed (old tile will be removed).
- The existing pool surface is checked for hollow areas, and then waterblasted to remove the top surface (plaster or paint), and achieve a sound base surface to apply a bond coat to.
- All plaster debris will be cleaned up and hauled away.
- All fittings, lights, rope anchors, and a band under existing tile is chipped out to allow for a smooth transition. (if new tile is desired, it would be installed prior to the bond coat application.)
- The pool will then be acid washed and neutralized, and the bond coat is sprayed on to the surface as the final prep stage. Usually, the pool finish is applied within 48 hours of the bond coat.
Note: All waterblasting and Tile & Coping work is completed in house by members of an affiliate company. Sub-contractors will be used on occasion for some items of work.
Upon completion of the replastering process, our crew will start filling the pool before departing. Important points that the customer should be aware of:
- There must be enough hose available to reach the deep end of the pool. The pool must be filled from deep to shallow.
- Water must not be turned off until pool is completely full!
- Do not allow anyone to enter the pool until it is completely full. This also includes pets, as mud will stain the fresh, uncured pool surface finish.
- After the pool is filled, proceed with the “recommended start-up procedures” left by our plaster crew.